- Used for Sulfur dioxide removal
- Simple operation requiring no chemicals
- Seawater pH of 8.0-8.5 used for alkalinity instead of any chemicals
- Ducon Q-pack packing provides high removal efficiency and low pressure drop
- Ducon seawater FGD has the lowest power consumption.
- No sludge; aerated water discharged to sea
- Low investment cost and minimal controls
Back to FGD
- Requires only seawater and air.
- No waste is formed, so no waste handling required.
- No reagents or additional chemicals.
- Has lower capital and operating costs than other types of FGD systems.
- The absorbed SO2 is oxidized to harmless sulfate ion, a natural constituent of seawater.